Saturday, January 5, 2008

When it's nice to feel like idiot

One of the nice things about being a Christian is being constantly reminded that I don't know what the heck I'm talking about. Here's today's example:

In about four hours, my roommate Mike is going to marry this fantastic girl Melissa. She is such a catch, and so is he. Thing is, they haven't even known each other for a year. The Mike Pacchione School of Doing Things dictates knowing the other person for at least two years prior to marriage, since studies denote that as being the length of time necessary to really "know" a person.

But you know what? Two years is a mere suggestion. Mike and Melissa certainly don't need that much practice time together. Some people are just ready. These are two of the kindest, most genuinely "I have time for you" people I've ever met. They talk for forever about everything. They're on the same team. They're ready. Pretty much this is one of those situations where God put a special "rush" order in...and I'm mighty confident it's all going to work out for the best.

So, congrats buddy. Can't wait to see what the Lord does for Team McDonald.

No comments: