Sunday, February 1, 2009

Give thanks in all things


If the Cardinals somehow beat the Steelers tomorrow, I'll be thrilled. Beyond thrilled. I pretty much always love when an underdog wins; what would make this even better is that it's the Arizona Cardinals (a team I bet my friend Todd wouldn't win the Super Bowl in the next 40 years).

Arizona is quarterbacked by Kurt Warner, whose story is pretty ridiculous and who the Lord has clearly used to show that, indeed, all things are possible through Christ. After wins, Kurt always begins by thanking Jesus. People are tired of hearing it. He knows they're tired of hearing it. He thanks Jesus anyway.

Tomorrow the Cardinals play for the Super Bowl. I don't particularly like their chances, though much stranger things have happened. I'll be rooting for them. But if it doesn't happen, I hope he thanks Jesus anyway.

"give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: