Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Are you CCing God on your emails?

Sometimes I CC my boss on emails. Usually it’s because I want to make sure she sees certain information. Sometimes it’s because I need to use her authority to elicit a response from the person I’m emailing. Other times I CC her simply on emails showing what a good job I’m doing.

I was thinking about this in regards to how we treat the Lord. Am I CCing God on an email to the world? Am I CCing Him on an email just to show how great I am? Where do my motives lie?

Much of Scripture relates back to this idea of motive, to this idea of what’s in your heart. Matthew 5:8 tells us that “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” Proverbs 4:23 tells us to “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.”

Here’s to hoping He is the intended recipient of my emails, with the rest of the world CC’d. I’m meant to live as a vessel for him, to live as a living sacrifice. So my prayer today is for my heart to be guarded against pride, and for God to be the subject of my life, not just another audience member.

No comments: